Building Information Modelling
Building Information Modelling (BIM) is a collaborative way of working, underpinned by the digital technologies which unlock more efficient methods of designing, creating and maintaining design information. BIM embeds key product and asset data and a 3-dimensional computer model that can be used for effective management of information throughout a project lifecycle – from earliest concept through to operation.
Through this Government-led impetus and A-C-Ds commitment to keeping up with the latest software and product concepts to help drive costs down and to work more accurately and efficiently, A-C-D utilises this key construction process as part of their Tekla Structures package, Tekla BIMsight.
- Increased 3D modelling and drafting efficiency with design coordination
- One platform for all project members for live collaboration
- Combine models from different disciplines into a single project model
- Avoid conflicts on-site by running automated clash detection
- Supports erection processes and sequences
- Share and communicate issues and other valuable information instantly.